The Ora G. Jones Scholarship
The Jones Family Foundation is proud to honor the
legacy of Ora G. Jones, one of the Foundation’s founders, through
a commitment to providing post-secondary educational opportunities to graduates
of Red Wing High School and Tower
View Alternative School located in Red Wing, Minnesota. Awards are granted
to students who demonstrate strength of character and achievement, as well
as a desire and ability to provide service and leadership in a rapidly
Ora Jones felt strongly that educational opportunities
should be offered not only to those students who have consistently maintained
levels of academic achievement and extra-curricular participation, but
also to those who have overcome obstacles or demonstrated future potential
through academic improvement and personal growth. Both types of students
will be deemed eligible to receive the Ora G. Jones Scholarship award.
- Five scholarships will be awarded annually.
- Four scholarship awards of $8,000 over a 4-year
period, or $2,000 annually for a post-secondary scholarship to Red Wing
High School students; and one scholarship of $3,500 over a 2-year period or $1,750 annually for a
post-secondary scholarship to a Tower View Alternative School student.
- Checks are issued to the student and school prior to the school term.
- Evidence of enrollment is required.
The Ora G. Jones Scholarship program is administered by Scholarship Management Services, a division of Scholarship America. Scholarship Management Services is the nation's largest designer and manager of scholarship and tuition reimbursement programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals.
- To complete an application, select the Ora G. Jones Scholarship Application listed at the top of this page or under Grant Information » Applications/Forms. The application form is available in Microsoft Word and PDF formats.
- Completed application forms, along with copies of the student's most recent high school transcript should be mailed to:
Ora G. Jones Scholarship
Scholarship Management Services
One Scholarship Way
Saint Peter, MN 56082
- Applications must be mailed to Scholarship Management Services and postmarked by March 15th.
- Screenings and selections will be completed by April 30th.
- Awards are announced in May.
- Scholarship payments on behalf of the Ora G. Jones Scholarship Program are processed by Scholarship Management Services. Payments are made on August 15th and mailed to each recipient's home address and are made payable to the school for the student's account. Students are required to notify Scholarship Management Services of any changes in address, school enrollment, or other relevant information and to send a complete transcript when requested.
Scholarship recipients are determined by an Advisory Committee. The Advisory Committee may include members of the Jones Family Foundation
and Red Wing community members. Applicants who demonstrate the following criteria will be considered for scholarship awards:
Strong academic preparation to attend a post-secondary educational
Ability to overcome obstacles to achieve academic and personal
Quality involvement with others via work, school activities,
family, and community.
Applicants must submit the following information to be eligible for consideration:
- Ora G. Jones Scholarship Application(online).
- High School Transcript including GPA and class rank.
Continuing Eligibility Requirements
- Student must be enrolled for a minimum of 12 credits or minimum required for full-time student status.
- Student must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5. (Note: Cumulative GPAs slightly below 2.5 will be considered if accompanied by compelling circumstances.)
- Student may not be on academic or social probation.
- Student must submit an up-to-date annual transcript.